Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Graveyard Not Bad At All

One of the worst things in life is getting stuck with an enduring question that keeps popping in and out of your head while you go out and try to make a living for yourself. A question that goes in and out but you don’t get to answer because you are anxious with an activity called work. What is worst is if that question is directly related to it

We enlisted the help of some alleged "experts" when it comes to doing the graveyard shift and they came up with almost the same answers. Normal answers like hassle free traffic to and from the office stands to be the best reason to do graveyard. Yeah, I think they do have a very good point there. I would rather cross the Avenue knowing that I wouldn’t get to see yuppies, old time employees and newly grads strolling along and making the beeline to the nearest building entrance. Another reason would be the less hassle on your pocket. I can probably say that I can survive one shift with P20.00 in my pocket because I don’t have to worry about any parking fee and other incidentals that come along with doing a morning shift. Yes, it’s less expensive in the evening.

Some of our more trendy "experts" would reason out negligence in dress code as one big factor why graveyard is so cool. Doing the morning shift gives you the feeling of formality. The graveyard shift provides you with an outlet to be whatever you are, just as long as it is within the bounds of the company's rules and regulations. Call Center “owls”, when it comes to fashion, only have one motto, diversity.

Some also consider the non-presence of the sun as one big aspect why they prefer to do graveyard. With all factors considered. I thought long and hard and I came to the conclusion that hey, it’s not all of the above mentioned factors that made me understand that I made a good decision with sticking to graveyard. It’s the vibe, the feel that you are doing something out of the ordinary; something that feels different from the norm. Sure, I'll graduate eventually into a morning shift that comes with a shift in priorities. But as of now, I will enjoy the fact that some time within my so called life, I came to do something different and I enjoyed it, made some money out of it and made some lasting relationships along the way.



____________________________________

The world’s most prestigious brands trust Global Response Call Center with their single most important asset: their customers. Find Out Why.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree that working in a graveyard shift is not bad, because here even experiencing lack of sleep and fatigue it also saves money.